6.11.2009

Snorkeling in Maui

We were at the dock by 7am and setting sail by 8am for our snorkel adventure at Molokini Crater, a small bird and ocean sanctuary just off the Maui coast. A few fishy pictures. These black fish were near the surface and not too shy. It was like swimming in a fish tank, it was that clear. All farther away picture of those black fish under our boat.
A bright red sea urchin.
A Moorish Idol fish just like Gill in Finding Nemo. Can you see him?
It was quite a unique experience to spot a creature of the likes in the picture above!
It's me. I was cold and giving myself a hug to stay warm.
Same pose here just out of the water. We discovered a slide off the front of the boat. You would have thought Lauren, Lynsey and I were little kids. We kept going down the slide and then swimming back to the boat to repeat.
Yippeeee! That's me!
Wowie Maui, it's Lauren!
After we were tired of the slide. We started jumping off the other side of the boat. This is Lynsey doing her classic pencil while holding her nose. Ladies and gentlemen don't try this at home, she has special skills!
Lynsey and Lauren with the island of Maui in the background. After snorkeling and getting our fill of sliding and jumping off the boat, we cruised along the coast and spotted several very large sea turtles. Then it was back to the airport to head home. Mini vacations are always a blast. Recently someone asked me how I go on so many vacations and I responded that when living in Hawaii any day I'm not working is a vacation day!

No comments: