6.04.2009

Flying the Skies of Hawaii

I decided for my birthday that I wanted a flying adventure. After a little research I picked powered hang gliding. It's a hang glider with a jet engine. Another set of full body suits!
Me gearing up for my flight. That's me with my pilot.
Lauren and her pilot. They are husband and wife. Each craft holds 2 people. We got to fly at the same time.
That's me as we head off to the runway. It was warm enough that I flew barefoot.
We took off and then circled back around and flew low over the runway. You can see Lauren at about 11o'clock in the photo.
We flew up and down the north shore. It was a perfect day!
I'm looking over the side at turtles and dolphins. Our altitude was between 1000 and 2000.
I'm flying in this picture. We actually got a lesson including pitch and roll.
Flying side by side with Lauren.
We were lucky enough to see a whale slapping its tail on the surface during our flight.
Our flight was about 55 minutes in length.
We powered off for landing. You can see the propeller stopped in this picture. This was one of my all time favorite things! It was amazing and I loved the open cockpit. I would highly recommend it to anyone!

No comments: