6.11.2009

Day 5: Family Day

My Great Aunt Martha and two more of my aunt's from my dad's family happened to be in town for their vacation. We picked up my Aunt Martha and headed out for some scenic driving. And in case you're wondering...no we did not use Winnie for the scenic driving. Started with the Tantalus drive. Gale, Martha, and Lynn with Diamond Head in the background. Aunt Martha and I chatting while taking in the view. Turned out to be a lovely day and the trade winds had returned to the island...good-bye humidity.
Next stop was at the blowhole and Enchanted beach. Martha, Me and Gale watching for sea turtles.
Later we had a family reunion dinner. From left around the table: Martha, Patricia, Sandra, Gale, Lynn, Me.
We had a lovely dinner a restaurant in the Moana Surfrider. We celebrated a late birthday for me and an early birthday for my Aunt Sandra.
Little family photo shoot in the hotel. Mom hopes to have a bride stand on this staircase. Hope she isn't holding her breath. It was so nice to spend the evening with family I don't get to see very often.

No comments: