6.04.2009

Big Island

Lauren and I took a quick trip to the Big Island of Hawaii. We left after working the night before. So we thought we deserved a nap after checking into our hotel. The beds were amazing!
After nap time...we took a drive through South Kona and stopped at The Painted Church.
Nice church with a view of the ocean.
Lauren on the front steps of the church.
Very different painting. Note the palm trees painted at the top of each column.
Next stop at a Kona coffee farm.
We were given a personalized tour of how coffee is processed from the tree to the bag. I look so interested!
The finish product.
Me with my head in the coffee tree. The little green things you see are unripe coffee beans.
Headed farther south to see a black sand beach. Totally worth the long drive without radio. Don't worry, I made Lauren sing to me to keep us entertained. My favorite was "Everybody was kung fu fighting!".
I call this one: Black Sand, White Feet.
Lauren demonstrates her wonderful sand writing skills. One of my favorite pieces she's done. After taking pictures at the black sand beach we hurried back to Kona (an hour and a half drive) for our night snorkel with Manta Rays (the whole reason for our visit). Stay tuned for the next post!

No comments: