8.05.2009

Skydiving

After our powered hang gliding adventure. I decided that I needed to skydive in Hawaii. I was told if you're going to do it, this was the place. So I took advantage. This was our group above. Two on the ends are Lauren's friends visiting and our friend Frank who did this twice before. Frank, Lauren and I went first. This is just before we climbed in the plane. Lauren was VERY nervous. She originally wasn't going to do it, but talked herself into it. I'm very proud of her.
Lauren was first out of the plane. Probably good that she didn't see one of her friends jump out of a plane before she did. This is Frank and I getting hooked into our experienced skydivers.
It's finally my turn to move towards the door!
60 seconds of free fall!
We jumped from 14,000 feet.
Crazy! Looks like I'm having the time of my life...really it's the wind helping to put that smile on my face!
About to go through a cloud.
That's me landing safely back on the ground. Quite an amazing experience that I probably don't have to do again for many years.

No comments: