8.04.2009

Koko Head

One day in Hawaii when I wasn't in my right mind, I let Lauren talk me into hiking Koko Head. The hike consists of large steps straight up. We hiked all the way to the top in the photo above. Here's the rickety bridge we had to climb across. This isn't even halfway up and I was already dying. Pretty sure I had my first exercise induced asthma attack at this location. This is what I was thinking while I couldn't breath...I figured Lauren could give me rescue breathing while another person resting with us could go call 911. No worries...I got through the episode with a little coaching from my roommate and then continued on. Finally at the top!
That's Hanauma Bay behind me.
Beautiful views from every direction.
Can't believe I actually made it to the top!
Hawaii Kai behind me.
This is how I looked every 5 minutes on the way up. And clearly this is me resting after coming back down. I can check this hike off the list and I will be ok if I don't ever do it again.

No comments: