9.30.2007

Texas Alumni Weekend

It's that time of year again when an ostrich, a penguin, and a quail must get together. I went to Austin for the weekend to enjoy UT Alumni Weekend. I think we are all much cuter now than any of our composite photos! Trust me...we checked!
We started with some Trudy's margaritas (and dinner too) and then hit 6th Street for a night on the town. That's right everyone...we got the party started on the dance floor!
We had fun without even showing our goodies! Let me tell you...wearing a red shirt on 6th Street will get you lots of attention. Who knew? We had some burgers at Players and stayed to watch the game on Saturday. We had to get milkshakes at halftime to try and cheer ourselves up. It didn't help, as the Longhorns lost the game. We went out for some great Texas barbecue to drown our sorrows. We finished the weekend with a walk down memory lane at the Alpha Xi Delta house. We actually made it to the sorority brunch this year. It was great to be in the house again and visit with everyone. We made one last stop at the Co-op before heading to the airport. It was a great weekend and I can't wait to go again next year! Val & Kathryn thanks for all the fun! Kellyn & Allison you better come next year!

4 comments:

Alyson said...

I'm jealous!!! Sounds like a fun and nastolgic weekend. I'll do my best to live up to your fab weekends when I visit this next weekend!

Unknown said...

all i have to give is this: )*:

Erin said...

I didnt know that you were a sorority girl!!!! I was sad as well about the TX game.... :(

kathryn said...

are we cute, or what? it was a great weekend. looking forward to seeing and hearing more about your travels!