10.26.2009

Niagara Falls: Canada Side

I didn't know, but the underground railroad was very big in this area. I decided to join the crew above to run a few slaves over to Canada. Can you spot me? We headed over the Rainbow Bridge to spend the day in Canada.
Picture of the Horseshoe Falls from the Canadian side.
Very impressive!
The water looks like glass going over the side. Surprisingly quiet from the other side of the falls. Can't believe anyone would try to go over the those falls.
Me with the Canadian Falls.
I like this picture because it has the American Falls on the left and the Horseshoe Falls behind me :)
Lauren's spectacular handy work. One of my favorite pictures from the trip! American Falls are behind us. The little fall on the far right is the Bridal Veil.
We rode an open air cable car across a whirlpool that forms in the bend of the river.
The whirlpool spins counter-clockwise. We could see people fishing and the trees were gorgeous.
Us on the cable car over the whirlpool.
At the suggestion of Uncle Al...we went to a few wineries in the area. Something I've never done, but now know how much I enjoy! The first winery wasn't the friendliest. Lauren reassured me that it would get better.
Found my barrel to go over the falls!
Second winery of the day.
Having fun before we even made it into the tasting room.
They had some fun with us and tried to trick us when tasting a few different Chardonnays, but we knew what we were talking about! We liked it there so much we bought a few bottles!
On our way home...we drove through Buffalo and decided to stop at the Home of the Original Buffalo Wings.
A buffalo with wings!
They were tasty little wings. Bought myself a t-shirt to remember the experience because I don't think I'll be heading back to Buffalo any time soon!

No comments: