10.15.2009

Best Fair in the Land

I made a quick trip back to Texas to visit in Dallas and then make a stop in Austin. I was lucky enough to spend the afternoon at the Texas State Fair, the best fair in my opinion. It's not the fair without a Fletcher's corn dog! Love those! Please note how perfectly the mustard is arranged on my corn dog. Big Tex is watching over my shoulder. I heard he was supposed to be giving out information about the flu this year, but I didn't hear anything other than "Howdy"!
We made the usual rounds to the Top Dog Show, Birds of the World, Baby Petting Zoo, Butter Sculpture, Elsie the Cow...it goes on and on! We also made sure to try the Fried Butter, this year's winner of best new food. It was like a ball of uncooked biscuit dough with melted butter that was fried and drizzled with jelly. Not too bad! I would eat it again.

1 comment:

Alyson said...

Another fabulous year of Texas State Fair!! Wish I could have joined y'all...I'm diggin' the Halloween background! :)