10.15.2009

Alumni Weekend 2009

It's the time of year for the girls to take a road trip to Austin! Of course we couldn't make the trip without stopping in west for warm kolaches. Look how happy Valerie is with her tasty treat! First stop in Austin was for Mexican Martinis at Trudy's.
We met some fellow sorority sisters out downtown and then we headed to Sixth Street to show off our dancing skills and hit up some of our old haunts.
As always, we ended the night at Logan's.
Saturday was game day! After brunch at Magnolia's we headed to the Alpha Xi Delta tailgate. We were able to visit with lots of old friends. That's me with my big sis/best friend Allison. She made the trip all the way from North Carolina.
Here's the crew again!
Allison and I with her parents, Bobby and Sherry. They were my second set of parents when I was in college.
My dad and I went to the football game while the girls watched it at the Alumni Center. After the game, my dad and I went to dinner at Matt's Famous El Rancho with Allison and her parents. We got a big kick that both our dad's had on the same shirt.
There's my bestest buddies on their Blackberries. They were on them as soon as they woke up until their heads hit the pillow. Blessing and a curse they say...
Sunday=Sorority Day
We went to the Alpha Xi Delta house to celebrate 80 years at the University of Texas. There were also major renovations completed on the house which were very exciting to see. The biggest change was the front exterior of the house.
Thank you ladies for a super weekend in Austin!
Looking forward to next year!

No comments: