11.17.2008

Scuba Steve

Lauren and I went with another nurse from Tripler for a little beginner's scuba diving. None of us had done it before. Lauren was a little hesitant and did a little scuba at the surface and then opted for snorkeling while I explored the bottom of the ocean. We made two dives off of Waikiki. The first was by far better; saw lots of fish and several sea turtles, just like in "Finding Nemo". Some were swimming around and others resting on the ocean floor. Neat experience. Diamond Head is in the background of the above picture. Here's a few pictures of me in my sexy scuba gear. Please note the poses. The buildings in the background are of Waikiki.
There is the heavy tank I had to tote around. I think my weight belt was a little too heavy. I kept finding myself on the ocean floor. I cut up one of my knees on the coral. I feel like a little kid with the scabs on my knee.

No comments: