11.10.2008

North Shore

Took a day trip up to the North Shore of Oahu. Dad wanted to take a look at the waves that can reach their biggest during the winter.
The sand was very coarse and you sink down pretty far in the sand. We stayed and watched for awhile. A few surfers were out, but there was a multitude of people out on body boards surfing the waves. We even saw one fool body surfing. I don't think you'll catch Lauren or I doing that.
It was also very windy...helps make the waves big. That's why my hair is in my face.
Dad and the waves. The water and waves are very hypnotic...I could sit, watch, and listen to the waves all afternoon, but you won't catch me in the water on the north side! I have to work my way up to those bad boys.Roomies on the north shore. Look at the color of that water!
Doesn't that look like a postcard??? I took that out the car window. Is that paradise or what? We had lunch on that side of the island. We had a herd of chickens running around while we ate. Not the highlight of Lauren's luncheon. We walked around some little beach shops and took our picture in the Hawaiian Shaved Ice board.

No comments: