11.29.2008

Happy Late Thanksgiving!

Lauren had to work Thanksgiving night, so we had out Thanksgiving dinner a day late. We had turkey, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, stuffing and corn.I cooked my very first turkey, "Tom", all by myself. Not having a completely stocked kitchen we did use a syringe to baste our turkey. It turned out so nicely, that's why I'm glowing in the picture above. I was very proud of myself. I cooked and Lauren ate! Just kidding she set the table and made a wonderful cranberry sauce that we both enjoyed! Even though I think it was the canned variety, she made a nice presentation.
There was apple pie for Lauren and french silk pie for me. After we ate, we decorated our apartment for Christmas. This included putting up and trimming our little Christmas tree. We sang and had a jolly time. Who needs the rest of the family when I have Lauren! She's a great substitute.
Happy Holidays!
Mele Kalikimaka!

2 comments:

Kellyn said...

Yeah, yeah ... turkey looks great. I love the DRESS!! Hawaii has the best maxi dresses.

Alyson said...

While the turkey IS beautiful, where's an update sister?!?!

Where's my Ellyn? What's she been doing??