9.28.2009

Downtown Syracuse

Syracuse, New York: Home of the Serrated Knife and Dental Chair.
Yes, ladies and gents this is where I'll be working for the next 3 months. In the midst of figuring out our housing situation, we were homeless for the afternoon. We drove around downtown Syracuse. We tried to follow signs to the visitor center, but seemed to keep missing the actual building. We pulled over to ask a friendly Syracuse police officer for help, but he was no help. Eventually we found it on our own. That's my mom above playing around with a mural outside the visitor center.
I too was playing with the mural. My mom was very excited to find that the visitor center was also home to an Erie Canal museum.
After chatting with the locals...we ran around the museum and had a little fun. That's me playing the guitar like Elizabeth Cotton, left-handed and backwards.
Lauren and Lynn on an Erie Canal replica boat. Lauren! Steer us in the right direction!
Lauren may have been steering the boat, but I think I have a little "captain" in me too!

No comments: