9.17.2009

The Big DE!

I took a short trip to Delaware to meet up with Lauren before heading to a wedding in North Carolina. I was lucky enough to travel the complete length of Delaware on my visit, from the top to the bottom. Lauren showed me around the University of Delaware campus. That's me in the picture with my brand new University of Delaware Blue Hens t-shirt on. I received a complete lesson on Maryland Blue Crabs. Paul showed me how the crab pots work. We emptied them and quickly showed them to a luxurious hot steam bath after letting one run around the kitchen floor. That's me with a big guy right out of the pot. We ate crabs caught in the Litwin's backyard for lunch that day.
We took a nice cruise in the boat down the beach of Ocean City MD. We saw lots of tiny jelly fish! Needless to say...I did not get in the water.
Ahoy there! Here we are at the infamous Seacrets!
We went to a reggae concert and had a blast. We finished up the night posing as a Jamaican Bobsled Team. That's Lauren, me, Jennifer and Amy.
Lauren's sister, Jennifer, is a chef that lives and works in St. Thomas. She happened to be home visiting when I was there. I was lucky enough to not only get to eat an amazing meal prepared by Jennifer, but also get to help her in the kitchen! Very exciting for me!
We started with a grilled romaine salad with a creamy feta dressing (AMAZING!) and a piece of bruschetta. Followed by the main course, pictured above: Roasted fingerling potatoes with asparagus in brown butter and garlic, beef fillets cooked perfectly as ordered and topped with caramelized onions, roasted red peppers and blue cheese and finished with a red wine reduction. Dessert was a lemon tart with strawberries. A meal to remember!
After our amazing dinner, Lauren, Jennifer and I headed to the Ocean City Boardwalk. We walked around, did a little shopping, took some pictures, and played a game.
Family photo in the backyard before we headed to North Carolina.

No comments: