1.23.2009

Turtle Beach, Shark's Cove, Sunset Beach & Turtle Bay

Lauren, Valerie and I took a little trip up to the North Shore. We first stopped at Turtle Beach. There aren't any pictures because the turtles were all in the water and hard to see and capture with photography. We saw several pop their heads out of the water and a few waved to us. Then we went to Shark's Cove. The picture above is of Lauren and Valerie in the tide pool at Shark's Cove.

Here's my first video posting. I took it at Shark's Cove. Sorry it's a little jerky.

The water was pretty clear. The day was overcast and we didn't feel like getting in the water. The cove where the snorkeling is really best was extremely rough with winter waves. We may have to wait until May to snorkel here. Next stop was Sunset Beach. We chilled on the beach and watched surfers catch the waves.
I wanted to see the famous Turtle Bay Resort. So we headed up the road. I was not that impressed...I was expecting something along the lines of the Grand Hyatt we saw in Kaua'i, which Turtle Bay was not.
In the lobby they had a surf board signed by the last 35 winners of the Triple Crown of surfing. I felt it was a perfect picture opportunity!
After a few cocktails at the pool bar. We took a few pictures by the water at the resort.
We found the hot tub...we'll be sneaking in there next time we're at the North Shore! The view behind me is the view from the hot tub. Finished the day with a little shopping and then headed back to Waikiki.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jealous of the sunshine and warm weather! It's cold and icy here!