1.24.2009

Ellyn Goes Down on Diamond Head

Lauren and I finally hiked Diamond Head after being here for 3 months. It was a beautiful day! This picture was taken at a look out half way up the mountain. We had to walk up a lot of stairs. When I say we walked, I really mean I walked and Lauren ran up the stairs.
At the top of all the stairs was another set of stairs. Spiral this time. Lauren is hiding at the bottom. I already mentioned she likes to run the stairs.
The view was beautiful at the top. The water was amazing.
You can see Waikiki in this picture. In the foreground you can see an old military bunker. Diamond Head used to be a military lookout.
This is the view to the East and you can see the crater of Diamond Head to the left.
This is the water we play in all the time. I'm a pretty lucky girl! I can't wait to take a visitor up here.
We were having a great time and decided to be athletic and run back down the trail. My clumsy self fell running full speed downhill. I was holding a camera and a water bottle in my hands...so when I went down I fell into the rock wall and skidded down on my right side. Lauren would be happy to imitate the sound I made on the way down for anyone. I promptly went for antibiotic ointment and band-aids after the hike.

1 comment:

Kellyn said...

you falling down while running is exactly why i don't run. for some reason, my shoulders have magnetic pull towards the earth.