5.30.2008

Memorial Weekend in NYC

I took a trip to visit my sister, Alyson, in New York City for Memorial Weekend. We started the weekend off right with a 4 hour shopping spree at Barneys New York, that's who my sister works for. Nothing like having your own personal shopper! This is where I did most of my damage. Then we made our way over to Lord & Taylor for a shopper's lunch. This cafe was voted best frozen yogurt. We had coffee and vanilla swirl. You would never guess we're sisters, one white and one brown. After running around for some shopping and lunch on Sunday in SoHo. We saw an afternoon musical, Cry-Baby. We walked back home through Bryant Park. I love the contrast of the green trees and grass against the city scape. Did I mention the weather was perfect for my visit! We went to a neat glass blowing exhibit. It was at a cute museum that used to be a house and has an amazing courtyard you can see above. They were blowing glass below the canopy at the far end of the picture. Very impressive. We watched them make a monkey vase, which is a vase with a monkey on each sides with their tails making the handles. Not the design I would have chosen, but interesting to watch. Sister and I had a great time and she took me to the yummiest places to eat! Pizza, tapas, mexican, italian and french just to name a few. Some of you may be aware of the TV game show "Cash Cab". Well, we didn't get a ride in the cash cab, but we did find the geography cab, where we were quizzed on world and Texas geography. We didn't win any money and still had to pay for the ride, but had fun!
We also had many wonderful breakfasts and brunches during my visit. Alyson is the best hostess and vacation planner around. Hopefully my travels will soon take me to her neck of the woods....or strip of asphalt!

1 comment:

Alyson said...

Thanks, sister! Sure was a fun time...can't wait for round 2 at the beach! :) And I really hope it works out for you & Lauren to stop by the Big Apple on your travels...