4.18.2010

Look Who Turned 30!

I was very excited to have my birthday weekend off to celebrate in New York City. Sister Alyson came over the night before so we could wake up on April 17th raring to go. Lauren was sneaky and decorated the whole apartment after I went to sleep. Thanks everyone for all the birthday wishes! Beautiful flowers from my parents, pretty spring scarf from sister, and Gaga tickets from Lauren!
Two wine glasses for toasting me! One from Lauren and one from Allison.
Favorite decoration was the giant 30 balloons from my sister.
We headed out into the chilly wind of New York City this fine day in April to have brunch at Good Enough to Eat. We started with some lovely brunch cocktails and ended with yummy biscuits with strawberry butter.
Happy Birthday to me! Three different slices of cake from Magnolia Bakery: Red Velvet, Coconut, and Lemon.
After cake and presents, we headed out from some afternoon drinks at the Rusty Knot.
We proceeded to try almost every drink on their menu. Many came in tiki cups and one in a coconut cup!
Sister ordered me a Pickle Back which is a shot of Jameson and a shot of pickle juice. You can tell by the look on my face that I was a little scared.
But I'm happy to let you know that I really enjoyed it!
Pickle Back was my favorite drink of the day!
Ended the afternoon with a flaming volcano of adult beverage.
Time to head home and get gussied up for birthday dinner. All those drinks weren't enough to keep me warm on the walk home. SO windy!
We had dinner at Quality Meats including myself, sister, Lauren, Lauren Strayer and Sarah.
Thanks for all the planning sister!
Ladies of the night. Dancing ensued at The Park. Old lady Ellyn called it a night earlier than usual. So very tired from a whole day of birthday fun! Thank you everyone!

No comments: