11.10.2009

Pick Me, Squeeze Me, Make Me WINE at Seneca Lake

4 of Lauren's friends came to Syracuse to visit. We had so much fun with Alyson wine tasting on the Finger Lakes, we decided to go again. This time we headed to Seneca Lake. We rented a driver and van. It was pretty snazzy! That's the StarCraft above. They picked us up at our house. Deb, our driver, seemed to enjoy the mix of music we brought with us...definitely saw her bobbing her head a few times and she knew to turn up Whitney Houston without us asking!
Lauren made us wine glasses for the trip. We had a few champagne cocktails on the trip over to Seneca Lake.
Michelle, Lynsey, me and Lauren all in the backseat!
Roomies!
Here we are at the first winery.
Lynsey, Amy, Lauren, Ellyn, Michelle, Lauren
After our first stop, we get a box for ourselves to fill throughout the day. We assigned Care Bear stickers to everyone so we could keep every one's wine straight. Of course I was Friend Bear (that was my childhood Care Bear)!
Second winery and we already broke one wine glass.
Starting to get into it by the third winery. I was loving the red wines on this trip. No sweet wine this time.
Fourth winery we encountered some rude staff. There was a small confrontation which explains my face. I like to avoid conflict if possible.
I snuck around the confrontation and politely asked for 4 bottles and then ran out the door.
Took pictures outside at the fifth winery. They had a nice deck overlooking the lake. We spent a lot of time at this vineyard. They just keep pouring more and more wine. It was never ending. We visited one last winery called Penguin Bay before ending the day. The penguin liked the wine at Penguin Bay. In the end I had 2 more cases of wine. I now have a grand total of 3 cases of wine.
We had a fun ride back home in the StarCraft. We enjoyed some cocktails, music and dancing. Someone may have lost an article of clothing, but I'm disclosing details. Fun was had by all!

No comments: