10.06.2008

Savannah

My friend Kellyn came to Savannah for a convention. So I jumped in the car for 2 hours to visit with Kellyn and Jed for the weekend. Kellyn had an afternoon of convention stuff. So I made Jed walk ALL over Savannah. We walked from one end to the other. We went to Forsyth Park which is where the beautiful fountain pictured above is located.
The weather was great all weekend. I also made Jed come with me to the home of the founder of Girl Scouts, Juliette Gordon Lowe. I really enjoyed the tour. For those of you who don't know. I have always been a girl scout and earned my Gold Award in high school! Yay for me!
The foodies that Kellyn and I are...had to make a visit to Paula Dean's Lady and Sons for a meal. Sunday is buffet day. Above is that picture of my plate before I started. You can't see it, but there is a huge glass of sweet tea next to my plate. Yummy!
After this picture I had a full tummy. Then we had dessert! I think my mom makes better desserts. All in all the meal was a good southern meal. I think Lady and Sons was talked up a little too much, but now we can say we've been there.
Here's a picture of the happy couple!
We had lots of fun and it was great to see my friend!

No comments: