12.08.2007

Camelback Mountain

A few days before Thanksgiving, my friend Lauren made me hike Camelback Mountain with her. If you've been keeping up with my blog you know about my previous hiking adventure...I wasn't completely thrilled to take on the Camel. So we set out with lots of water. As seen in the picture above we had to climb a sheer rock face, very exciting! There is a railing for on the way down because it's so steep.
The hike was quite challenging with lots of boulders to climb over. We were passed by many, but eventually we made it to the summit! It was a perfect day in Phoenix and the view was wonderful. This mountain sits right in the middle of town. The picture above is a view from Camelback of the mountain I climbed in my first hiking adventure.
Look at Lauren and I, we're so cute and outdoorsy! You may have heard rumors, but yes we were hit on while climbing back down the mountain. The flirtatious gentleman climbed up and down the mountain 4 times in the time it took us to climb up and down once. He told us he had a record of 25 times in one day. These people are crazy!
In the end I was very pleased that Lauren made me hike the Camel with her! What a good friend. In another couple of months someone could probably talk me into doing it again.

1 comment:

Alyson said...

I didn't hear about the crazy hikers hitting on you!!