10.07.2007

Trail Ride at Superstition Mountains

Alyson arrived in Phoenix without difficulty. Our first activity planned for the weekend was a trail ride. When we arrived at the OK Corral, Alyson was first most excited that Bess the barn cat was waiting to greet us. The cat lady was in full swing chasing Bess around the yard and shouting to take her picture. The ride took us around the desert (because everything is a desert here) near the Superstition Mountains. This is the view I had from Whiskey, my horse, of the trail ride and the most well known part of the Superstition Mountains. It was very beautiful and a nice cool morning in the low 70s at 8am. This was my view from behind. Alyson riding Poco, who was a little slow. And my friend Lauren behind her on Love. Love kept biting Poco because he was going to slow. It was a great time and I'm still sore a day later to help me remember. As a side note: I don't remember being this sore when I rode every summer as a kid.

1 comment:

Alyson said...

Oh those horsies were so fun and that kitty was too cute! I had a great time visiting you...and that white kitty of your's. :) Miss you!